banner

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Outfit of the Day: A Touch of Red





Hello, darlings!

Today's outfit showcases the "Upper West Stride" hat from Modcloth that arrived in the mail last week! I wore it for a quick jaunt to the market, and got tons of friendly smiles and compliments.

My favorite H&M black fluffy jacket makes an appearance, and beneath it is a lace dress by a brand called Kirra. Not shown are the black ballet flats from Old Navy I'm wearing.

Jewelry is from the prom and special occasion section at Claire's!

--

Now, a bit more about that hat:

I absolutely love it, and it is a very near match for the red swing coat I intended it for. The elastic band to secure it took a little time to figure out, but I anchored it to my head with bobby pins for staying power and styled my hair to hide them. In the future, I may add combs for ease of wear and keep the elastic as a secondary wear option, but we'll see.

The real surprise though, came when I found out the brand. The Modcloth website doesn't mention this, and I feel that they should, but the hat is actually the Lucy Hat from Collectif UK! I literally squealed when I saw the tags, as I have been a huge fan of their dresses and accessories since discovering them in the summer. However, being that I live in the United States, Collectif isn't available to we Yanks except for online, and shipping from overseas is a pretty penny indeed!

Do any of you lovelies have items from Collectif? If so, what are they and what are your opinions of them? Do tell me in the comments below!


Until next time, 








0 comments:

Post a Comment