banner

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Outfit of the Day: Deep Purple







When the deep purple falls over sleepy garden walls
And the stars begin to twinkle in the sky—
In the mist of a memory you wander back to me
Breathing my name with a sigh...


--

Hello, darlings!

Today's outfit incorporates one of my favorite vintage dresses - a purple and tan calico sprinkled with darling little flowers! It was an Etsy find from three years ago, and is handmade - with no tag inside indicating a maker - circa 1970s.

To make it less hippie and a bit more World War II, I paired it with a black cotton cardigan from Burlington Coat Factory, sheer black stockings, black ballet flats, and gold accessories.

The heart locket necklace is Lucky Brand, gold knot earrings are vintage as well.

Lastly, what really completed the look was my hair. I styled a day old pincurl set into a tucked under chignon, and added gold flowers behind my ears (the same ones worn with my Betty Grable updo from April). 

--

Before I depart, I would like to apologize for the sporadic postings as of late.  I am in the midst of planning my November wedding, as I have previously stated, and that has eaten up a lot of my time.  Things are finally starting to come together, though! 

My next post, called Vintage Gal on a Budget, will be product reviews of the following items:

Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer in Shade 002
Rimmel London Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer
Rimmel London Exaggerate Full Color Lip Liner in Shade 024: Red Diva

Maybelline New York Super Stay 24 Color in Shade 025: Keep Up The Flame

Estée Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara in Shade 01: Black

I will include pictures of these products when first applied and after a few hours' wear, as well as their packaging. 



Until next time, 


0 comments:

Post a Comment