banner

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Outfit of the Day: Love To Look Ravishing!




Hello, darlings!

The nice weather is finally here, hooray! To celebrate, I wore a warm weather version of a favorite print of mine - leopard! - taking inspiration from these pictures of the gorgeous Natalie Wood:






My dress had been living in my closet for a while-- it was always too cold to wear it, even for layering! I got it as an early birthday present while out Christmas shopping. It was seven dollars and adorable, I couldn't pass it up!

Most of the time, I find that Forever 21 makes lovely, affordable vintage-inspired pieces, but the hemlines are consistently too short for my taste (even on a petite gal such as myself!) Not so with this dress! I was pleased to find the skirt hits at just a hair above my knee.

Probably my favorite feature, though, is the neckline. When laid flat, it appears to have a basic scoop silhouette. But once on the body, it transforms into a flattering rounded boat-neck that can be worn slightly off the shoulder as well as on!






The outfit was completed with sheer stockings and black leather round toe mid-heel pumps (not shown). The hoop earrings and bow necklace are both from Express. 


What are some of your warm weather staples, darlings? 


---


Until next time, 









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! looking great This dress is fantastic-and I love your hair! x

Unknown said...

Thank you!! I'm getting much better at pincurl sets. :) xoxo

Post a Comment