banner

Friday, January 24, 2014

Outfit of the Day: Pink Lace and Angora!

Hello, darlings!

This is going to be a weekly feature here on Quaintrelle Mademoiselle, where I show you a peek inside my closet!


--

New Years' week, I was very lucky to receive a most treasured gift from my mother. A baby pink, wool and angora beret that belonged to my great grandmother in the late 1950s! The milliner is Belmar, from Italy.


It sat neatly in its protective box for a while, as I had no idea what to team it with. Until this week.

It's been frigidly cold here in the northeastern United States, so layering has been key. I took a rosy pink lace tank dress from Forever 21, wore nude stockings underneath, and over it a fluffy black jacket from H&M that was a birthday gift last month.


Something was missing from this sweet outfit, though. I picked up the hat and put it with everything else. It was exactly the finishing touch I needed! It fits snugly on my head, and is so Jackie Kennedy.



I also tried out Revlon's Love That Red for the first time, and I do indeed love it! It's got the same creamy formula, and a brilliant red sheen like mid-1940s Lauren Bacall! Adore!


Until next time,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that hat is to die for!

Unknown said...

Isn't it? I love it so much. My great grandmother had fabulous style! xo

Anonymous said...

Clearly she did! Perhaps that's where you get it from?!

Unknown said...

I don't doubt it! She was always very well dressed and very classy. Her favorite perfume was Chanel No. 5, and her dresser had white bubble glass lamps on it, gorgeous pictures of her parents (my great great grandparents from the Azores), beautiful lace and a matching floral and gilt dressing table set! She also swore by Pond's Cold Cream to cleanse her face, and I do the same!

Post a Comment